Mold is an unpleasant contaminant in the home. It darkens bathroom corners, stains doors and walls, and expands between tiles. It is an abominable sight feeding on damp wood and rotting.  Apart from being unsightly to the eye, various forms of mold often cause respiratory disorders and are usually harmful to our health. Mold produces spores that have the potential to cause allergic reactions. While these allergens are imperceptible to the naked eye, they can cause serious health problems. Hiring a contractor can be costly, which is why it is important to understand mold remediation procedures yourself so that you can disinfect your home yourself.

Fungal infection is an important problem in every home. Once you determine the presence of this potentially harmful fungus, you can be tempted to clean it up yourself. Mold handling is best left to the experts. However, if the injury is very minor, you will be able to take care of it yourself.

Before deciding whether to fight mold on your own, it is crucial to catch the enemy. Mold prefers moist conditions to survive, but mold spores spread quickly and efficiently through the air. Almost all types of mold can cause nose, lung, or eye infections in people who are allergic to them. Mold can lead to infection in certain situations that are particularly harmful to people with compromised immune systems or asthma.

++ Here are some recommended products that will help you get rid of mold naturally:

Borax, a whiite powder that can be set in supermarket, detergent, , is a popular DIY mold treatment agent recommended by mold professionals. To clean mold with borax, mix one gallon of hot water with the powder. Apply solvent to the moldy surface and rinse with a cloth or cleaner until the mold is gone. There is no need to clean it so the borax prevents mold from coming back. This cleaner cannot be used on porous surfaces or drywall. These fabrics easily retain steam. This may exacerbate the problem because mold thrives in damp conditions.

° Baking soda;

° White vinegar;

° tea tree oil;

° hydrogen peroxide

All these essential products are several others that are effective and safe. Put the vinegar in a spray bottle if you are using it. There is no need to apply some water. Spray the surface with vinegar and leave it for an hour.

However, before you start cleaning the mold yourself, make sure you are properly equipped. When using a chemical, wear masks, goggles, and loose-fitting clothing. Dispose of or wash clothing and gear properly after removing mold. Mold spores travel through the air and can spread quickly in your home.

The last and most important step in mold removal is to dry the affected area completely. Keep in mind that moisture is the main cause of mold development. This fungus grows in a moist and humid environment. The floor will remain sticky for some time and will wash away the mildew with water. By airing the area, you can speed up the drying process.  Air motors can also be used to dry the surface easily.

Enjoy !